Sunday, December 24, 2006

 

Tangent topic: (SPRINGFIELD SIGHTS) Places to shoot in San Antonio, TX


1005006MSPMWG , -

Tangent topic: Places to shoot in San Antonio, TX
Hi-- I'm looking for recommendations on good ranges in the San Antonio, TX area. Someplace with good instructors, and that will let you practice draws from the holster would be nice. For reference, I'm looking for places as good as the Firearms Academy of Seattle and the Oregon Firearms Academy. Thanks for your time.

Matt Fitzgibbons's New CD Release Patriot 2 "A Celebration of Liberty"
I would like for everyone to check out Matt Fitzgibbon's New CD Release Patriot 2 "A Celebration of Liberty" if you can. He sent me a copy of his CD and I loved all 12 tracks. He's a patriotic American who loves to sing about America and our way of life. It is refreshing to see a young up and coming muscian decide to sing about the good things of America for a change. So many other artists only want to trash our great country every chance they get thus abusing the influence they have on other young people with the wrong message. Well anyway check him out at www.patriotmusic.com. Thanks for looking, he's a good friend of mine....and a gun enthusiast to boot!

Re: iron sights or scope - which is better?
Just for the fun of the .22, some prefer a 4X scope or thereabouts, and others like me prefer open (iron) sights. I grew up "motion shooting" Nevada jackrabbits, so a scope is cumbersome and too slow to get that nano-second of a shot. However, friend of mine loathes pigeons, and delights in using a short .22 through a scope to take that perfect 80 yard shot off a phone line. Whatever suits the individual tastes, as in all discussions about firearms.

Re: small cal handgun
I'd look at the Beretta family of guns, the Tomcat or the 950. Very good guns, small, inexpensive. Another option is to pick up a Mararov. Many are in 380, under $200, rugged. Just don't mistake a Hungarian FEG for a MAK...you'll be sorry.

Re: Check out www.gunsandall.com
You can add Yahoo to the list as well. I called them on the phone trying to see if they would advertize my site and the sales rep looked my site over and asked his manager, but they declined. Don't get me wrong, they were nice to me. I asked them what the reason was specifically for them not to advertize gun sites and he said he didn't really know the real reason. He offered that Yahoo didn't advertize online gambling sites either. I lectured them on the shortsightedness of their policy and that online gun auctions were legal, and he agreed with me, but it is their policy. To say I am frustrated is an understatement, but I noticed after my phone conversation with Yahoo, that my site started showing up more hits on their search engine. I guess they got one of their editors on the site. I will say Yahoo seems to be better at finding the individual auction listings. Well at least this site is picking up well on the searches. My article here is listing quite high in the gunsandall.com search. :)

Re: what's the difference between centerfire and rimshot?
"Ok, dumb question, but what would I need 600 yards for? Or is it that if it's accurate to 600 it will be more accurate at the 50 to 100 yards.... " The cool thing is that most gun owners won't tell you what you "need", that parts up to you ; ) However, some people choose it because it's a different kind of shooting and accuracy. At 600 yards you learn (I am told by people like Ghengis...) to read the wind, consider trajectory and involve other factors that are irelevent to someone who shoots at 50 yards. That would be on reason to choose the more expensive, and faster .223 over far slower and less expensive .22 (he think he typo'd...)

Re: Pennsylvania town mulls recommending guns for all...Merry X-MAS
i'm all for it on a national level--but iwant the govt to give us all weapons ammo laaw rockets grenades artillery sure would make for a polite society after the wackos have been sorted out

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?