Monday, March 26, 2007

 

PRECISION REFLEX (PRI) - U.S. agents under greater attack on Mexico border

AR-15

Anyone have one of these. I bought one at midwayusa and was looking forward to getting it in the mail. Well I got it and before I installed it I hosed it off with carb cleaner (non clor). After that I dabbed a LITTLE oil on it. I hosed it off because it was dripping with cosmo like substance. Anyway after I had it installed I noticed that the carb cleaner totally stripped the finish off of it. That is not what I am really complaining about.

The thing that got me a little ticked off is the fact that the whole damn thing is pot metal. This worries me because this is my go to gun. For a range gun it is fine. As far as the finish goes as far as I am concerned it is nothing that a little spray paint wont take care of. I think we all know how AR15 and strong pot metal is. I don't want this breaking at a inopportune time if you know what I mean.

I am going to be ordering some things from bushmaster tomorrow and they have tactical gun accessories as well. I was just curious if anyone here has one from them because I would like to avoid buying the same turd the second time around. Anyone know where I can get a good tactical latch at that is made of real metal and not some pot metal trash? TIA.

mspasfeh004

-

U.S. agents under greater attack on Mexico border
From GUNED.COM-- LAREDO, Texas, March 8 (Reuters) - Frustrated by tighter security on the U.S.-Mexico border, illegal immigrants and drug traffickers are taking it out on U.S. agents, increasingly attacking them with guns, rocks and petrol bombs.

Re: IIRC all the BMGs the Brits had were M2s
ASD: I've never been able to find much about that Hudson, save what was in Hogg's book. Went as far ...


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?