Tuesday, January 05, 2010

 


beretta mini-cougar magazines


Like JohnStoner, I have two M9A1s with beretta mini-cougar magazines. Accuracy, reliability, and totally dependable in all weather- snow, rain, dry, heat and dust- whatever, NEVER a problem. About 4,500 rounds fired between the two of them. I've retired my Kimber 1911s, in favor of my Berettas. The Kimbers are strictly for loan WHEN TSHTF... The M9A1 is my "go to" handgun, and unlikely to change.


Yeah, you want two. One for each hand. That gives you forty-two shots before reloading, and two different direcions to shoot... Easy with a 9mm, but try it sometime with a pair of 9.5" Ruger Super Redhawks! I have, but I'll stick with the M9A1's, thanks... In all seriousness, the 9mm with the proper ammo, AND proper placement, is just as well going to take-out the trash, as my dusty Kimber Beretta 92 Magazine. I won't change back- no reason to.


Nope, the M9A1 is the choice of the Marine Embassy Security Details, and my choice as well... So too, are the Mec-Gar 20rd Anti-Friction Coated magazines, and the Pro-Mag 33rd Beretta 21Magazines, though I load only 32 in mine... Both magazines fit both of my CX4 Storms perfectly...


rparrish, I use Gold Dots, both 124gr and 147gr, and know that whatever I hit, is going to go d-o-w-n... Having 21 rounds in either gun, makes for a warm feeling... I can't really imagine a "real life" scenario for using 32rd magazines, but WHEN the SHTF, who knows? Having interchangable magazines with the CX4s, is a "good" thing...


To those who would try to compare the 1911 to the M9A1, I'd say, "beretta mini-cougar magazines, to yah, Buddy!" and "Why have only 11, with a Chip McCormick mag, when you can have 21?" Nah, that'd be petty. As I say, mine, my Kimber 1911s are now for loan-out when the SHTF... My best, I'm keeping for myself...


alsidfdasdg27

-

 

Magpul

went shooting today at Hernando Sportsman in Brooksville, FL. Chris Costa who runs the training division from MagPul was in the lane next to me. He had a couple of tricked out SBR's one MagPul lower, the other on a KAC platform, and .308 with a can. His kids were with him and he was teaching them to shoot. They looked like they were about 10 and had no problem hitting a 12"x14" steel plate at 100 yrds.

alsidfdasdg74


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?