Saturday, May 08, 2010

 


CZ 75 magazines


A friend bought two boxes of WWB 9mm FMJ for me since I was broke and we went to the range. The CZ 75 magazines didn't hiccup once. His PA-63 (9mm Makarov) was... interesting. The recoil drives the thing right into the web of your hand. Shoot it often enough and I can see some chafing occurring.


As for accuracy, I seemed to consistently hit about six inches low and to the left at 15 yards, though occasionally I was spot on. I think most of that was me and not the pistol though; my groupings were more like shotgun patterns. I am NOT at all in practice with handguns of any category. Fortunately, I've always been able to hit what I aim for (even drew my dad's .357 revolver, cocked it, and put a round through a hog's head at ten yards all in one motion. Without aiming.), and when I begin ranger training we're going to spend a lot of time at the range with our handguns.


Overall, I'm pleased with my CZ 75 magazine. My only complaint is that the beavertail pattern on the plastic grip plates chafes my hand; I either need to toughen up my hands or get hard rubber grip plates. I don't like the Hogue wrap-around grip.


alsidfdasdg36

-

Rifle Scopes

was looking at the GRSC CRS Rifle Scope myself and really like everything it offers! I don't like that it's a Millett with w/ a great reticule because of the Millett's weight and less than stellar performance. Some of the things mentioned above (minus the ridiculous comparison to NCstar) including the fact that no more will be made in the foreseeable future, steered me away from it.

I've come across the new Burris Rifle Scopes XTR-14 and have decided on it. 1-4x24 illuminated horseshoe/dot 100-1000yds bdc calibrated for 5.56 62gr approx $550. I was very pleased with my Burris FFII for a $200 scope; FFII is their budget line while XTR is top of the line!

alsidfdasdg60


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?