Monday, July 18, 2011

 
ar 15 accessories -
. The RTZ is perfect with both the integral mount and the LaRue. Love the 65 mil ring. Daddy loves you. Now go away. Originally By PAEBR332: Congratulations. This post has a created a stupidity event horizon from which no logic, reason or science will ever escape. Zhukov Does not play well with others Moderator Moderator Apr 2003 USA TX, USA Online Posts: 30564 : 0-0-0 : 5/27/2011 11:25:00 T RDTCU 2007model 552.A65 - .308 AR ~500rd, somewhat dim compared to newer models. Holds zero well with GG&G lever (on and off several times). Drains alkaline batteries after ~6months. Don't use it much, usually keep the Rifle Scope on it. 2009model 512.A65 - 30.06 Remington 7400 deer drive gun. ~300rd, no problems even with rough use bouncing around in truck/boat/woods. 2010model 512.A65 - RFB .308, ~1000rd, no problems. Has brighter max setting and longer battery life than older models. criley Owned a 512 for one year. Sits atop of a 5.45 upper. Attached via a GG&G accucam which is very nice Several hundred rounds under its belt Like everything but I do have this one issue - it does drain batteries to some degree. New alkalines did not last a year - perhaps only 6 mos... and they were not used heavily. epointer 512 have had it for a little over a year still the same batteries as when I purchased it. No issues at all. 552 I have only had it for a couple of months (bought used of EE) but the manufacturer date is 2005. No issues with this unit. Mounger I have had a Model 512 for 5 years. Several thousand rounds on several AR's not problems what so ever. I have found it to be extremely rugged, reliable, and user friendly. I have been running a 3x Mako magnifier behind it for 6 months that has turned out to be a great experience. Recently loaned it to my brother who is LEO because his was "eating batteries" and was not operable when he really needed it. I knew mine was good and he needed it more than I. I took his Model 512 (also 5 years old) with the intent of sending it off for repairs. I put a known good set of batteries in it and it did not work at all! Upon further inspection I noticed that one of the battery terminals on the closest to the lens side was very corroded. I scraped tons of corrosion off of it, put the batteries back in and it fired right up! Hmmmm? I then put the set of batteries back in it that were supposedly eaten and it again fired right up! I imagine a set of batteries early in its life leaked starting the corrosion. I theorize that when it stopped working and he assumed it was dead batteries the act of replacing the batteries would scrape enough corrosion off for it to work. This corrosion would promptly set up again and break the connection, making him believe that the batteries were drained. Since I cleaned it real good I have left it on for 3 days continuous and it is still going strong. He reported that is would "eat the batteries" in a week turned off, so I think I have it. I am going to experiment with it some more before I give it back to him. I will get back with yall if it turns out I'm wrong. Tommytwoguns I have a 512 RevF. After about 1500 rounds with it I took a carbine class.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?