Tuesday, August 09, 2011

 
AR 15 stocks -

While I prefer the EOTech, I would have to agree with you and point out that the Trijicon Reflex has been more reliable than my EOTech. I've owned the EOTech 512 for a couple of years now, and it went back to the factory once for a vanishing reticle. I also had a set of AA batteries leak and die. If you get a 512, I highly recommend using lithium batteries (like the Energizer E2's) I have BUIS installed on my carbine for any problems. jncryer Mar 2011 USA AZ, USA Online Posts: 33 : 0-0-0 : 6/14/2011 11:26:25 Originally By Nichonator: My RX01 is still bright and is very reliable. It has rode in the hot FL and TX sun in variuos trucks since I purchased it in 1999 and is still as bright in the dark and dim as when i purchaesed it. I have a freind on this site who still has my old Armason OEG sight that was tritium that is well over 19 years old and is still glowing. I have seen way to many battery powered sights go bad to ever bet my life on one. My problem is if it is battery powered i will fuck it up. The one on my Colt A2 carbine is the older one. I also recently put a new one on my Armalite AR10 A4 Carbine. A RX30 is on my list also for my next carbine build. http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv79/nichonator/UpdatedSPR-Carbpics72-2010.jpg http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv79/nichonator/AR10A4.jpg http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv79/nichonator/AR-10A-4.jpg Nice sticks. Any problem with the smaller diameter sight picture? Do you notice a difference with the polarized filter on the last two ARs you ? have you tried the RX30? any preference between the two? TheOtherDave Jan 2004 USA MI, USA 22809 : 0-0-0 : 6/15/2011 2:26:33 T I've had Reflex 2's and the RX30 that Trijicon is making now. I think the smaller Reflex's work well but they aren't nearly as bright as the RX30. The smaller FOV is an issue if you are a professional door kicker, but mine isn't too much an issue to me-I've had one on my SHTF rifle for over a decade-three in total. Now, the RX30 is a much larger sight, it isn't even the same animal as the Reflex 2's-several orders of magnitude better.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?