Thursday, November 10, 2011

 


Is the DM floorplate all part of the stock or does it come off? What booth you going to be at at SHOT? Since it is an all alluminum stock there is no bedding required as it is itself. Mesa Tactical is only selling the stock as you would pick and choose what to drop in like mags, barrels, and actions. Mesa Tactical is located in booth 9047 in the Law Enforcement Section at Shot. Semper Fi, Gregg Rob01 [Moderator] 1/23/2008 10:41:00 AM So the bottom metal isn't part of the system? I just figured it would be set up like an AICS in that respect. So what bottom metal is it inletted for and how hard is it to open up if it's for the factory 700? I'll try to throw you on our list to stop by at SHOT. lonehunter 1/23/2008 10:46:05 AM Originally Posted By Rob01: So the bottom metal isn't part of the system? I just figured it would be set up like an AICS in that respect. So what bottom metal is it inletted for and how hard is it to open up if it's for the factory 700? I'll try to throw you on our list to stop by at SHOT. Hi Rob, No the bottom metal is not part of the system at this time. The operator would be dropping in their Remington 700 into this stock if they so choosed. The specs are designed for a factory Remington 700/M24. Hope that answers your questions and look forward to seeing you there. Semper Fi, Gregg lonehunter 1/23/2008 11:15:41 AM Originally Posted By LoneWolfUSMC: NO THANK YOU!!!! I will stick with the McMillan A1/A5 or at most the new JAE-700 when it's available. I like the thought of being able to alter the palmswell/comb/pull to my body, but after that it gets a little too crazy. About the only add-ons I can see needed on a precision rifle is a NV Optic and possible a IR Laser Designator. I don't need rails festooned all over the stock unless it's to attach a bipod/monopod. Hi LoneWolfUSMC and Semper Fi, I appreciate your feedback and each to their own as I always say. If the mission called for it some other things to think about would be an IR Illuminator and there are a couple of things that Mesa is developing that you would attach to the rails that I cannot disclose yet that you would want. Use your imagination of what you would want close by at all times. Semper Fi and thanks, Gregg 007Kevin 1/23/2008 11:37:54 AM Originally Posted By lonehunter: Hello, Again all the bling on there is just to show what you could do if you wanted and not necessarily that you would all at the same time unless the mission called for it. The forward grip is used if you are a sniper on the top of a building on a ledge aiming down onto the street as an example to get better stability and control. The small weapon mounted light is utilized when climbing up the stairs of the building if it was dark to get to your position. You never know when you would need a light and it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Semper Fi, Gregg Like previously stated you may want to tone down the bling in other ads and pics. It may be a turn off to many and the "tacticool" guys will def. be able to imagine the extras. I would think the forward grip would hinder accuracy since the whole system would move back, if I understand correctly, and with your arm being canted to hold on the grip it could/would cause the gun to shift to the side. The bipod would give enough stability I would think. It might just be me, but if I'm moving to a location a flashlight would give away my stalk or else on my stalk I be using an AR or HG w/light for CQC until into position to snipe.


-
Aimpoint Comp ML3


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?