Tuesday, November 15, 2011

 


Its the guy that just walks in and just starts shooting. Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut Mar 2006 USA WA, USA 3370 : 0-0-0 : 6/8/2011 7:25:17 Wooops, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I went away to take a 30 minute nap and all of a sudden, it became a few hours of slumber. Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut Mar 2006 USA WA, USA 3371 : 0-0-0 : 6/8/2011 7:29:28 Originally By WI57: Since when does Trijicon reccomend drilling another hole in the carry handle...? It's in the manual, complete with a drawing and all. I installed the ACOG on the carry handle without reading the manual first. I thought the purpose of the two holes on Ta01's base is allow the operator to mount the optic on two different positions. Then I saw the drawing and the suggestion to drill another hole on the carry handle. "Crutz!" I said to myself. Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut Mar 2006 USA WA, USA 3372 : 0-0-0 : 6/8/2011 7:38:06 Originally By 9divdoc: The very first ACOG offered suggested this.....and include drawings....... I had one mounted that way for quite a while and it was a vast improvement over other scopes I had mounted on the carry handle... Since the modification of the flat top and LaRue,Bobro,and ADM mounts available for the whole line of ACOGs...that's the way to go if you have a choice... But the final decision should always be which can you best afford and which do you shoot best with... -imo I like having the ACOG on the carry handle because I also love shooting irons (although I can't see scheitze anymore), so I was thinking about using that set up so I can use the irons without taking the optic on / off the rifle. Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut Mar 2006 USA WA, USA 3373 : 0-0-0 : 6/8/2011 7:47:42 Originally By RH33: I really like compact ACOGs on the carry handle, but was surprised at how much I liked the TA01 up there. ETA: No second hole was needed. -Ray Pic on a range in Iraq http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg35/Ray_N_Iraq/Range2005.jpg That's a cool pic. I've never seen a picture of yourself with a full sized ACOG. I too was going to get myself a compact ACOG for my 6520. I was shopping around and just happened to see the Ta01 on the shelf. I looked through the optic and liked it so much, I bought the Ta01 instead of a compact ACOG. I'm still going to get a compact ACOG, though. I think what I will do is to put the Ta01 on my 20" BCM upper and the (soon to be purchased) Ta44 on my 6520. Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut Mar 2006 USA WA, USA 3374 : 0-0-0 : 6/8/2011 7:51:01 Originally By OIF_Vet08-09: Can you not use the rail that screws into the single hole? This I still have that ARMS #2 base. I bought it to install a T-1 on my 6520 a while back ago. The Ta01 does not need such a base, because it (the ACOG) comes with an integral carry handle base. Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut Mar 2006 USA WA, USA 3375 : 0-0-0 : 6/8/2011 8:14:10 Originally By 3-gun: It's a tool or a toy. I would do whatever I need to do to make it work better. If you did it clean and finished, I don't think it would be a problem if you ever wanted to sell it. So far rom my limited use of the ACOG, I don't see the need of having that second hole, but I'd like to hear from others' experience and opinions. My AR's are toys right now, but I treat most of them as tools just in case I will have to utilize any of them as one (not praying for that sort of situation, as I am enjoying life too much). Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut Mar 2006 USA WA, USA 3376 : 0-0-0 : 6/8/2011 8:17:54 Originally By BillofRights: No, it works fine without it. Why destroy the resale value if you don't have to? So far it's been working fine without the second hole for me also. To be completely honest, I do not want to drill that second hole unless if it will actually improve things. Nothing to do with resale value - it's more about the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage. RH33 OIF "During some of the bad years" Bronze Contributor Team Sep 2002 USA TX, USA 992 : 0-0-0 : 6/8/2011 8:19:41 Originally By Lindy_Hoppin_Gun_Nut: Originally By RH33: I really like compact ACOGs on the carry handle, but was surprised at how much I liked the TA01 up there. ETA: No second hole was needed. -Ray Pic on a range in Iraq http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg35/Ray_N_Iraq/Range2005.jpg That's a cool pic. I've never seen a picture of yourself with a full sized ACOG. I too was going to get myself a compact ACOG for my 6520. I was shopping around and just happened to see the Ta01 on the shelf. I looked through the optic and liked it so much, I bought the Ta01 instead of a compact ACOG. I'm still going to get a compact ACOG, though. I think what I will do is to put the Ta01 on my 20" BCM upper and the (soon to be purchased) Ta44 on my 6520. I also used a TA44R-2 on the carry handle while I was in Iraq (until it went down...always have BUIS!) and while I liked it I prefer the 2x models more. I just didn't feel the 1.5x model was enough over a RDS (Aimpoint).


-
Aimpoint Comp ML3


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?