Friday, December 30, 2011

 




ETA: dang it...missed THAT one by 18 seconds.
User Info
bikeman543
Member
Bronze Contributor
Team Member

Joined: Jul 2008
USA TX, USA
Offline
Posts: 306
Feedback: 0-0-0
Link To This Post

Posted: 1/19/2010 11:02:42 AM
Yeah, I thought about paracord and of course that would be the simpliest and cheapest way to go. Here is the sling. If you're not familiar with it the clamp on the right goes to the buttstock and the clamp to left goes to the front.



I thought about one of these, but not sure if it will fit through the rifle sling mount on the Krink.

User Info
Tactical_T
Member
Member

Joined: Mar 2007
USA CO, USA
Offline
Posts: 2838
Feedback: 0-0-0
Link To This Post

Posted: 1/19/2010 11:57:43 AM
[Last Edit: 1/19/2010 12:02:43 PM by Tactical_T]
Oh lord.....please don't use those detachable rifle sling mounts. That would look terrible on a Krink. Go with the paracord, or see if your local hardware store has some sort of small ring that you could modify and paint black to use in place of the key ring. Start with the aisle where they sell all the chain link. Many of times have I walked the aisles of my hardware store looking for something that I could customize for some project, but gun and non-gun related.

Your rifle sling looks like really good quality, but I'm a little puzzled as to why they made it with the super-size attachments. They look strong enough to carry a loaded GE Mini Gun.

HK-style attachements like the one below would have made so much more sense.

Dieter CQD sling

I use an original Bulgarian rifle sling on my Bulgarian Krink, which is my GoTo rifle, but have even been contemplating the Dieter CQD myself, as I like the quick-detach feature.

User Info
bikeman543
Member
Bronze Contributor
Team Member

Joined: Jul 2008
USA TX, USA
Offline
Posts: 307
Feedback: 0-0-0
Link To This Post

Posted: 1/20/2010 4:08:43 PM
Okay, Tactical T you convinced me. I went par-cord. My buttstock is wrapped in green, so I went with green up front. I tried it out on my MS2 rifle sling I already have and it seems to do the job.

I prefer the one-point system. If I were to have to hike or just standing around waiting to shoot, the 2-point is good. After moving to the front hook up I can simply push the rifle over my shoulder and it's on the back and out of the way. When it's time to go just pull the buttstock back to the front and there she is. I was shocked to see the difference of weight distribution from 1point to 2point. But I like shooting with the 1point the best.

Sling is suppose to be here tomorrow. I will then post pics, cause I changed the Aimpoint to a Sig red dot and the weight dropped considerably with that modification.This will be used in a military setting (foot patrol/mounted patrol) with an IOTV and maybe a chest rig. I will need to go from combat ready, to hands on chow sling. I've been thinking about the Magpul ASAP and Magpul MS2 slings, but don't want to be tunnel visioned by the kool aid. What are my best options -


‘Anonymous’ Targets US Security Think Tank Navy Finds no Misconduct in BASE Jump Death Mounting Solutions Plus – What does MSP stand for? Acronyms and …Acronym Definition; MSP: Managed Service Provider: MSP: Managing Successful Programmes: MSP: Microsoft Project: MSP: Mobility Services Platform (Symbol Technologies) Mossberg 500 Accessories


You may or may not know, but I use this product as I teach and compete all over the US. It is this type of support that makes it easier for me to recommend Pro-Ears every time I am asked ‘whats the best hearing protection protection’ for the shooting sports or for tactical applications. Again, [...]


The reason I like the Mesa is because you can get a Hogue grip on it. Depidy_Dawg 4/9/2010 11:43:23 PM Originally Posted By ArmyLifer: Originally Posted By aippi: Your wallet will make it for you as you can get a SpecOps for between $110 and $120 but the Mesa is around $300.00. If you want [...]

Ak-47 Stocks - Magpul MIAD
aimpoint t1; AK 47 Stocks; AK 47 Tools; AK-47 Accessories; AK-47 Folding Stock; AK-47 Furniture; AK-47 Handguards; ak-47 scope mount; AK-47 Sights; AK47 Slings; ar 15 accessories;


Trijicon Night Sight for Springfield XD (SP01): MSP Scope MountsPrecision and Tactical : Trijicon Night Sight for Springfield XD (SP01) from MSP – Mounting Solutions Plus Firearm Accessories and Scope Mounts & Rings. Products for … eotech scopes You can probably understand that I will not spend $410 on a guess. I want to purchase [...]


Mesa Tactical Didn’t handle it but it did look pretty good- Thought at first he had a FAMAS! “I pledge allegiance to the ideal left us by men wiser than I, having the forethought to gift their children with the power of being free.” User Info IM User Email User Reply Quote Report Pushrod_Paul Bronze [...]


100% (1): 10/13/2011 7:38:11 AM EDTNow sure if this would be the place to post or not. And it has been answered before but my rifle is kinda unique. Anyways my question is whatshooting targetsshould I use to sight in my rifle(Bushmaster XM15E-2s m4 carbine with A1 rear sights similar to the rifle here- Bushmaster [...]


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?