Friday, December 23, 2011

 


The fact that it was magnetic meant that it had a very high carbon/iron content, which made the metal in the screw too soft! This would explain why the screw was deformed. FYI, the stock Benelli Accessoriesscrews were just barely attracted to the same magnet, which meant they were high-alloy or hardened screws. So, what we have here, is a defective product. The screws that Mesa Tactical are using, are WAYYY to soft, and no matter how much loc-tite you use, they WILL eventually come undone. What my father suggested, is to replace them with a high-grade stainless steel, or a HARDENED carbon steel screw (although he stressed to use the stainless) I will be ordereing some good quality stainless steel screws, and i will give you guys an update on how they work out. In the mean time, i have the stock rail back on, and the screws FEEL much better when they torque down. For some re-assurance, i've never torqued the Mesa screws down more than the manufactorer stated (at 18-20 pounds) and i've used Blue Lot-tite.


-


Here were my main concerns about theTrijicon RMR before purchase.
1. Wash Out
a. Even in a dark basement with a 75 lumen flashlight it was not a problem.
2. Size of Dot
a. I can easily hold groups at 1-1.5 MOA at 50m and 2 MOA at 100m, better than I can do with iron sights and up close it is fast and easy to shoot both eyes open (even for a left eye dominant right handed shooter).

Here are some pics of the dot, sorry about the quality, I took them on my phone.


Pics were with the ARMS mount and the new Am. Def. mount doesn�t block the front sight as much.

Overall I am very happy. The sight was $325 shipped and the mount was $70.91 shipped Total of $395.91 or about $100 less than an aimpoint H1 with similar mount. If Trijicon made a 4MOA Dual Illuminated model I would recommend theTrijicon RMR over the aimpoint micro hands down. As it sits, I say it is a toss up depending on need and operational use. In TEOTWAKI I would prefer the RMR, for operational use anywhere else I would say the aimpoint is probably a better sight.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?