Tuesday, December 20, 2011

 
Mossberg 500 Accessories -
I have a 3-9 Trijicon AccuPoint with a green mil dot reticle on my deer rifle. The green dot stands out even against a green background because the green in the scope is closer to being a "highlighter green" color. I went with the mil dot reticle because I often go antelope hunting in Wyoming, and I wanted a more precise reticle. I've heard great things about the triangle post reticle, and if you're hunting inside 250 yards that's what I would go with. Don't hesitate at choosing the green illumination. It's much easier to pick up for me than the amber color, and it stands out against every background. I'll try to scrounge up a picture or two of the reticle and post it back here. Pictures would be great! Thanks in advance! I agree with you on the triangle. Especially with the BAC, I would think it would be the way to go under 300 yards! I am just biased towards red as that is what my aimpoint color is. mothergreen4/11/2011 2:37:10 PM 3-9 green mil dot ftw first hunting trip with it won't be till january though. can't wait! -Fozzy-4/11/2011 2:40:15 PM Here it is mounted on my rifle And the reticle pictures. The green is a lot brighter. the camera had a hard time focusing on the dot, so it appears dim. (pictures were taken with upper off of the lower) magnumtc4/11/2011 5:00:47 PM Awesome pics! Man you guys are not making this easy! Too many good choices! Hokie4/11/2011 5:08:29 PM magnumtc: Hokie, how large is the triangle? I think I read 1 inch at 100 yards? I'll chime in later tonight. A few years ago there was a thread talking about the comparable reticle "widths" at different magnifications of the 3-9 Accupoint. I printed it off and shoved it into a draw in the war room...I'll go dig it up. In the interim, there's probably some MOA info on Trijicon 's website. -Fozzy-4/11/2011 5:16:48 PM I found this it says that the triangle on theTrijicon TR20ranges from 6.0 MOA to 2.0 MOA. It's about half way down the pdf


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?