Monday, January 16, 2012

 

I have both and they each serve a purpose. I love the M1A Accessories SOCOM for it's excellent balance, relatively light recoil (superb muzzle brake), and phenomenal reliability and durability. Understand that I consider one malfunction in 1000 rounds a problem. The heritage of the M14 is an intangible of value for me as well. I gave up trying to put a conventional scope on the M1A Accessories and just went with a scout scope, irons, or red-dots. Stock M1As are plenty accurate as battle rifles, but you won't take one to a match with out bedding the action. The .308 AR is a lot of fun, and so far reliability is actually great. I hope it does better than some of my .223 rifles when it gets dirty. The AR doesn't require bedding and is great to scope and accessorize. ARs are expensive metal Lego sets for men, and we should just admit that up front. I won't use the cliche of telling you to get both, but that's what I did. For their individual merits, I think the M1A Accessories and AR-10-pattern rifle are each at the top of their given genre. You'll get great AR advice here and you'll get great M1A Accessories advice at www.M14forum.com. If you just want a neat gun to blast, get either one. You won't be disappointed. Best regards, JR wow, thanks a lot, man very very helpful Slash [Dealer] 5/1/2007 1:20:38 PM For me it is a simple decision. If you intend to install optics, go with the AR platform. If you are going to use irons exclusively, the M1A Accessories is a great choice. 53vortec

5/1/2007 1:25:49 PM Originally Posted By Slash: For me it is a simple decision. If you intend to install optics, go with the AR platform. If you are going to use irons exclusively, the M1A Accessories is a great choice. Solid advice. Additionally if you're trying to decide between a Springfield Armory M1A Accessories and a Armalite AR10, I'd reccomend the AR10. m4hk33

5/1/2007 1:48:52 PM while i had both i kept the AR10 and it is my favorite rifle to shoot, not taking away anything from the M1A, but for 99 percent of the SHTF situations(in the USA) the AR10 is more then capable enough to get you out of harms way or taking any game that pokes its head out. its easier to scope and maintains higher levels of accuracy easier then the M1A Accessories maybe if i lived in columbia or somwhere eles in latin america, i would go with the M1A Accessories cujet

5/1/2007 6:33:40 PM Simple question. Do you want iron sights? -





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?