Saturday, February 18, 2012

 
Mesa said they would have to modify the M4 mold design slightly sometime in the future. TIA! Carey I did quite a bit of training with the shotgun before I shot a 3 gun with it. Maybe it's my short arms.. but I feel that its actually perfect. I felt like the original stock was a bit long. When I shoulder the gun the sights are right where I need them :) As far as fit around the trigger, it is tight, and a little hard to get the trigger group back in when cleaning the gun. I also swapped the original grip into the Mesa Stock. I liked the shape of it better, as the Mesa grip was boxed off at the rear. MDracer76 5/4/2011 11:05:05 PM Originally Posted By WarthogA5: Is it ok to put a mag extension on an Benelli M2 Accessories with a field stock under 922r? If not there sure are a lot of snow goose hunters that could get popped. I think if you put in a US made follower like the Nordic, you will be GTG.


-


aimpoint 3x – Possibly would considering the added length of the adapter after installed? He is considering another upgrade using a side mounted light attached via pic rail and utilizing a tape switch for activation. I am personally against this idea. I am not a fan of tape switches and foresee durability issues with this [...]

aimpoint 3x
Possibly would considering the added length of the adapter after installed? He is considering another upgrade using a side mounted light attached via pic rail and utilizing a tape switch for activation. I am personally against this idea. I am not a fan of tape switches and foresee durability issues with this setup. I am also concerned about the tape switch and wire staying put due to the fact that this area sees a lot of activity due to cycling the tactical shotgun. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. boricua9mm 5/30/2011 12:20:30 AM EST As someone who has shot Action tactical shotgun matches at nighttime, I’ll go out on a limb and say that a 600 Lumen head would do more harm than good for the ranges in which a tactical shotgun would be used. In my experience, anything from 100 -200 lumens is perfect for dealing with the contact-to-50 yard range. Tapeswitch or not, he is considering putting an outdoor rifle flashlight head on a tactical shotgun that, at most, will be a 75 yard tool. If he turns on 600 lumens in close range indoors, he will likely blind himself in addition to the target… Like a lot of the things here on ARF.com, the question comes down to how it is realistically going to be used. I want to step up to a semi and am looking at these two tactical shotguns right now. I currently run a Remington 870 Express Tactical that was originally bought for home defense. The only money I put in to it was a side saddle. I am not happy with the bead sight, 6+1 capacity, and length of barrel. The length of the barrel isn’t really an issue other than I want something a little longer just because. I figure if I am going to be getting a new tactical shotgun for 3-gun then I might as well go semi-auto. I am not looking to spend a lot of money because I’d rather use it on ammo to practice. Both tactical shotguns seem like they would do the job perfectly with a little modding. I have read mixed reviews on the 930′s reliability but I think most of those issues have been worked out at the factory. The 712 looks nice but someone said it felt cheap. I’ll hopefully be able to hold one of each once I get to a gun shop but was looking for opinions on these two tactical shotguns first. What model 930 do people buy for 3-gun? I don’t really want to buy the tactical shotgun and then have to buy a non-ported barrel on top of that. Any more opinions on the 712? P08 7/18/2011 9:46:47 AM EST I have a older 712 and will say that is is a great field gun for birds. It has an alloy receiver so will have more felt recoil than the Mossberg 500 Accessories .



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?