Wednesday, May 30, 2012

 

Surefire

Surefire
4/6/2012 4:07:18 PM TexAg10: awil9905: Unless you are planning on putting a surefire can on it, or want the extra length (It is an inch longer than most), I would recommend avoiding the surefire. It performs ok, but there are … Continue reading

4/6/2012 4:07:18 PM TexAg10: awil9905: Unless you are planning on putting a surefire can on it, or want the extra length (It is an inch longer than most), I would recommend avoiding the surefire. It performs ok, but there are a lot better brakes for less or about equal money out there. JP, PWS and Battlecomp are 3 of them. About equal in performance to the surefire but for about $50 is the Rainier Arms brake and the YHM brake is under $40 and comparable. If you are down for the $150 a surefire would cost, I highly recommend the Battlecomp. It outperforms the surefire in terms of recoil and muzzle rise and is overall quieter and has a smaller flash. Though it is louder to you as a shooter, it is better than surefire for low profile canted shooting positions like the junkyard prone etc if you are into that stuff. I have not shot the AAC and what I have heard is not from a reliable enough source for me to repeat. I’ve used both on similar rifles and perceived just the opposite. The BC1.5 I have on my 14.5″ upper is great on muzzle rise, but does nothing to reduce felt recoil. It is significantly less blasty than other brakes. I agree with TexAg10. awil9905


Scope Mounts
5/6/2012 12:06:19 PM I am not allowed to make “permanent” modification to my rifle and I was considering this or a tangodown, please let me know how this turns out with DD. I was seriously about to order one when I read this thread. xachary82

5/6/2012 12:06:19 PM I am not allowed to make “permanent” modification to my rifle and I was considering this or a tangodown, please let me know how this turns out with DD. I was seriously about to order one when I read this thread. xachary82



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?