Sunday, August 19, 2012

 

Grip Pod

Grip Pod
8/2/2011 9:49:57 PM Originally Posted By zegermanznew: Originally Posted By tweeter: Originally Posted By Semper_Firearms: i found Grip Pods most useful when i sat down to eat some chow, just deploy the bipods and set your rifle down, no more rifle stacks! It’s also a great way to accidentally knock your weapon over and completely [...]

8/2/2011 9:49:57 PM

Originally Posted By zegermanznew:
Originally Posted By tweeter:

Originally Posted By Semper_Firearms:
i found Grip Pods most useful when i sat down to eat some chow, just deploy the bipods and set your rifle down, no more rifle stacks!

It’s also a great way to accidentally knock your weapon over and completely fuck the zero on an expensive and fragile optic or laser.
Grip Pod

The spread of the legs is too narrow and too low, the natural center of balance for the weapon while it’s supported is awful.
This is especially true when traversing between targets. If you need a bipod, use a bipod.

What model are you referring to? Im not a grippod guru or anything, and am not even really into defending them, but if I deployed my grippod and sat my rifle down, I would deliberately have to boot my rifle to tip it over?!?!

In said situation, it is far more likely for my rifle to fall over and fuck my optics if I rested it on something.

I am referring to both the metal and bicycle-foam version and the plastic version.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw a pogue’s rifle knocked over while propped up on a grippod on a chowhall floor, I wouldn’t have to worry about barryo and his flunkies fucking with my game.

A. It’s a lot easier to just set the rifle on the ground. It’s on the ground, unless you’re on a cliff it’s not gonna fall off the ground to hit… the ground.

B. Dirt and small rocks can keep the legs from spreading once they’ve popped out of the handle, the legs just don’t deploy far enough out of the handle and they just stick together.

C. It’s heavier than a bipod.

D. A magazine will give you comparable stability and you probably already have one on your gun if you’re shooting.

E. If you’re already thinking about buying one, then none of what I stated will make a difference.
applevalleyjoe


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?